Dec 16, 2010

Why Do You Love Me So? - A Conversation With Allah

Please Note: The below is a fictional story made up to make us think…

One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the sunrise. Ah the beauty of Allah’s creation is beyond description. As I watched, I praised Allah for His beautiful work. As I sat there, I felt his presence with me. He asked me, “Do you love me?”
I answered, “Of course! You are my Lord!”

Allah then asked, “If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me?”
I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs and the rest of my body and wondered how many things I wouldn’t; be able to do, the things that I took for granted.
And I answered, “It would be tough, but I would still love You.”

Then the Lord said, “If you were blind, would you still love my creation?”
How could I love something without being able to see it? Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them still loved Allah and His creation. So I answered, “Its hard to think of it, but I would still love you.”

The Lord then asked me, “If you were deaf, would you still listen to my word?”
How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I understood. Listening to Allah’s Word is not merely using our ears, but our hearts. I answered, “It would be tough, but I would still listen to Your word.”

The Lord then asked, “If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?”
How could I praise without a voice? Then it occurred to me: Allah wants us to pray from our very heart and soul. And praising Allah is not always with a prayer, but when we are persecuted, we give Allah praise with our words of thanks. So I answered, “Though I could not physically pray, I would still praise Your Name.”

And the Lord asked, “Do you really love Me?”
With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly, “Yes Lord! I love You because You are the one and true Allah!”
I thought I had answered well, but…

“THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?”
I answered, “Because I am only human. I am not perfect.”

Allah asked, “THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU STRAY THE FURTHEST? WHY ONLY IN TIMES OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE EARNEST?”
I had No answers. I had only tears.

The Lord continued: “Why only pray at mosques? Why seek Me only in times of worship? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so unfaithfully?”
The tears continued to roll down my cheeks. Allah asked, “Why are you ashamed of Me? Why are you not spreading the good news? Why in times of persecution, you cry to others when I offer My shoulder to cry on? Why make excuses when I give you opportunities to serve in My Name?” 

I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give.
“ You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw this gift away. I have blessed you with talents to serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge. I have spoken to you but your ears were closed. I have shown My blessings to you, but your eyes were turned away. I have sent you servants, but you sat idly by as they were pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all. DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME ?”

I could not answer. How could I? I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What could I say to this? When I my heart had cried out and the tears had flowed, I said, “Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be Your servant.”

The Lord answered, “That is My Grace, My servant.”

I asked, “Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do You love me so?”
The Lord answered, “Because you are My creation. You are my servant. I will never abandon you. When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you. When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you. When you are down, I will encourage you. When you fall, I will raise you up. When you are tired, I will carry you. I will be with you till the end of days, and I will love you forever.”  Subhanallah.... "_"

4 comments:

... said...

assalamualaikum ukhti

ana tulis kat sini sbb enti xde chatbox. btw, ana hairanlah kenapa enti punya blog x brp dpt byk sgt views dan followers when enti's blog is so wholesome in Allah's eyes.

Keep on your effort and good work in spreading His words and teachings. Don't ever stop writing! =)

salam ukhuwwah fillah.

<3

Aliyatul Hikmah said...

Wa'alaikum salam dear Liana.

Hi!
well! I don't have chatbox till now. Maybe latter I'll put it in blog.

well! what u said maybe right about the number of page views and follower.
there are so many reason why it was like that. one of them coz I just start to write n post in my blog on October 2010, though I've joined here since January 2010.
Then the important reason is: maybe just the chosen ones who will be guide by Allah to find my blog and read what is written in my blog. ;)

btw, my blog is still under improvisation and I need to learn more how to write well, especially in English.

thanks 4 ur support dear, insha'Allah I'll try...

u too... keep writing in good things as what u can share with others in ur blog.
I remember that I ever visited ur blog before ur coming here and I fond it's great.

Hope we can learn from each others to be better n better, especially in the Eyes of Allah. ameen...

salam...

with love n smile... ^_

... said...

salam alaik ukhti!

ana am so grateful that ana am one of the chosen one by Allah to come across your blog! ana will try to let more people discover it by putting it in my blog (whenever you post a new post, it will appear on my page..then, they can click on it!)

ana kaman! am also trying to improve my writing skills. am so sad that I'm not so capable of writing well hence the not so frequent postings.

really? you remembered visiting my blog before I commented on your blog? that's a surprise. Thanks for thinking it's a nice blog but I really pray that Allah give me more hidayah to write better!! insyaAllah!

amin to your prayer. may we be steadfast in the path of Allah.. and better ourselves in the eyes of Allah and Islam..

salam uhibbuki fillah ukhti!

Aliyatul Hikmah said...

Wa'alaikum salam sis... :)

There are a lot of way how Allah gives His guidance for us. What we have to do is doing effort to seek it and find it. Because hidayah (guidance) will be given for those who want to seek it.
Insha'Allah by your coming accross here can be one of ways to find the true from Allah as I when I visit your blog, and maybe the others too.

Thanks to put the link of my blog in ur blog. let help each other in good deeds. Insha'Allah nothing turns to nothing, moreover when we do everything because of Allah.

well! dear sister I ever found ur blog some times ago. I'm the one who get surprise after knowing that u who manage that blog gives comments on mine. :)
u know in that time, the first time I found ur blog, I get interested n touched by some writings in ur blog. That is why I gave my time to read some topics there.

yeah, both of us need to improve our skill in writing...
If u can see.... u have already have capability to write and express what is in ur mind with others. u might never realize who those who are touched by ur words and after it they can take what is good and change their mind n attitude getting better. who knows :)
even... when no body read our writing, at least ourselves who can read n understand it. this is because, as my own experience, whenever we write, actually we talk with ourselves and review things we ever learned.
So, let's motivate ourselves to do good deeds, insha'Allah.

have a good time dear...

may Allah bless us whenever n wherever we are.

best regard,

:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...