Dec 30, 2010

FACEBOOK, The Advantages and The Disadvantages

FACEBOOK is one of sites where I joined in. It is almost one year I join there. I used to be active in updating my status whether it was sharing some verses from the Qur'an, Hadits, wise words or my thoughts and feeling. However these days I don't have desire to update my status like before. I don't know what is really going on with me so that I don't have same thought and feeling like I used to be. Thinking about this, I remember one of my writings I ever wrote as one of tasks in Writing Class when I had intensive English Course some months ago. This is just a simple writing, but contains a part of my thoughts about how Facebook is... ^_

Nowadays there are a lot of social relationship sites in the internet. One of them that is famous in the society is Facebook. This site connects people from around the world to make communication and share their opinions or thoughts. So it gives chance for people to build relationship such as friendship, networking, or any other kinds of relationship.
Facebook is one of products of the development of science and technology. As others result of science and technology, people can use it in any way that they want. Inventions or products like that can be useful and give good effects for people who can use it in right way. But it can be useless or give negative effects if they use it in bad way. That is why from development of science and technology we should be able to use it in right way in order to get the advantages of it and we should minimize negative effects of it.

Using of Facebook can give advantages or disadvantages depends on how people that use it. Facebook can give advantages for example they can get knowledge; spread right knowledge, learn any good thing from there; build right relationship with others; build connection or networking; share any good things with others and any others activities that they can do according to their purpose join there.

Facebook can give disadvantages and negative effects if they who use it can’t filter negative effects of that site. As nowadays, there are some criminality and activities that are caused by using of Facebook in bad way. For example, some people use it to build bad relationship bringing them to the free sex, prostitution, spreading wrong thoughts, taking wrong thoughts or seeing bad pictures from there, and using it to do any criminal activities.

From here, if we want to use Facebook or any other social relationship sites, we should be able to control ourselves to use it in right way so we can get advantages from there and can anticipate negative effects from there. 


hmm... reading again this old writing makes me think that I should explore more my writing about this topic... Coz what I understand about this topic is more than I can write down here ^_

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...