Jan 19, 2011

Some Reasons Why Allah Tests Us by Problems

The problems we face will either defeat us or develop us – depending on how we respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how Allah wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring.

Here are five ways Allah wants to use the problems in our life:

1.
Allah uses problems to DIRECT us.
Sometimes Allah must light a fire under us to get us moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is Allah trying to get our attention? “Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways.”

2.
Allah uses problems to INSPECT us.
People are like tea bags…if we want to know what’s inside them, just drop them into hot ever water! Has Allah tested our faith with a problem What do problems reveal about us? “When we have many kinds of troubles, we should be full of joy, because we know that these troubles test our faith, and this will give us patience.”

3.
Allah uses problems to CORRECT us.
Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It’s likely that as a child our parents told us not to touch a hot stove…. But we probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something… health, money, a relationship,... by losing it. “It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to Allah's laws.”

4.
Allah uses problems to PROTECT us.
A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents us from being harmed by something more serious. “You intended to harm me, but Allah intended it for good…”

5.
Allah uses problems to PERFECT us.
Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. Allah is far more interested in our character than our comfort. Our relationship to Allah and our character are the only two things we’re going to take with us into eternity. “We can rejoice when we run into problems…they help us learn to be patient.. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust Allah more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady.”
Here’s the point:

Allah is at work in our life – even when we do not recognize it or understand it.

But it’s much easier and profitable when we cooperate with Him.

“Success can be measured not only in achievements, but in lessons learned, lives touched and moments shared along the way”


Allah Knows Best…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. This was helpful.

Anonymous said...

Although I don't understand I can cooperate with God.
Can you explain please?

Anonymous said...

How can I cooperate with God I mean

Aliyatul Hikmah said...

You're welcome. I hope we can find the true from God.

I think this hadits can help to answer your question :)

“Allah Almighty said: “My servant draws near to Me with nothing more loved by Me than the acts of worship that I have enjoined upon him. My servant continues to try to draw near to Me with more devotion, until I love him. When I love him, I will be his hearing with which he hears, his sight by which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, his feet on which he walks. When he asks Me for something, I will respond and when he takes refuge in Me, I will grant it to him. I do not hesitate in doing anything I intend to do as much as I hesitate in seizing the soul of My faithful servant; he hates death and I hate hurting him. But death is a must for him”.” (Al- Bukhari)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...